Tuesday, 18 August 2026

Dog Days

 


Summer has given just what I needed this year. A slower pace, time to re-charge, and a much needed re-set. My strength is returning, and I can finally say that I'm beginning to feel much more like myself once again. 


I've been surprised at how much I've enjoyed the quiet. Time to step away, time to just 'be', time to enjoy the small moments. 



Kayaking on the lake has been such a lot of fun. We like to go close towards the reeds and watch the dragonflies and damselflies, before paddling back to the shore, where a flask of hot tea awaits. 



Blackberries have been gathered. They've ripened much earlier this year. Some have already been used to make Blackberry Vodka. The remainder are in the freezer for when I'm ready to make compote. 



The solar eclipse was a highlight for me. We joined in with an organised event and it was a wonderful atmosphere. We watched as the light dimmed, and saw some amazing images through special cameras. A memorable evening. 


Over the summer, Lily has been kept busy, taking part in some climbing and archery sessions, and it's been so lovely to see her growing in confidence. We've also been back up on the fells and managed to tick off another Wainwright, and the last of the Northern Fells. Stopping in at Lingy Hut Bothy to eat our lunch, while enjoying the beautiful view right down the valley. 


As we move into late summer, I am looking forward to getting back into a routine. I'm counting my blessings, and hoping for some positive news very soon. 

Back soon.
J. X


No comments:

Post a Comment