Sunday, 4 October 2026

New Beginnings

Like many of us, I have always looked upon this time of year as a fresh start. I have no doubt that this is a feeling which originated as a result of all those years at school - smart new shoes,  exercise books full of blank pages, and a different classroom to get used to. After a summer of freedom, bare feet and warmth, it was often difficult to adjust to restrictive clothing, routine, and early bed times. But it was all new and incredibly exciting at the same time. 

Since the autumn equinox, there has been a distinct change in the weather. The warmth of the summer has replaced by fresher mornings and evenings. It's getting dark much earlier now, conkers are falling from the trees, and the leaves are beginning to turn. It isn't yet porridge-for-breakfast weather, but it won't be far off. 

In all my years, not a lot has changed, and yet everything feels so different now. Time marches on, and if we're not careful it can overtake us, leaving us stuck in a reality that no longer fits. Lately, I've shaken things up a whole lot. I've looked at my life and realised that just because things have been a certain way for so long, doesn't mean they should remain so. I've made some small changes, and some not so small. And there is still some work to do. It has been challenging to acknowledge those areas that no longer align, but it has been empowering and liberating at the same time. 

I don't think I have ever learned so much about myself, as I have done during these last twelve months. I also hadn't appreciated just how big a burden I had been carrying. But I am relieved to say that I have finally turned that corner. Hurrah!  Now I just need to focus on building up my strength and fitness levels. 

Back soon.

J. X



No comments:

Post a Comment